We are writing to parents of all 3 and 4 year olds to share some good news. From April 2015 Barking Pre-school could claim more funding to support your child’s learning and development. The money is from the government’s new Early Years Pupil Premium.
If your child has free early education and you meet one of the criteria below we can claim some more funding. For example, if your child attends for 15 hours a week we will get up to £300 extra per year!
The extra money could make a big difference and could be used for new materials and resources; additional support inside and outside, parental support and staff training.
However, we need your help to claim it. If you meet one or more of the eligibility criteria below please complete the relevant part of the Parent Authorisation Form (PAF), these will be issued to parent’s the first week back after Easter. As you would expect, any information you give us will be treated confidentially.
If you have any questions, please contact Shelley.
Criteria for Early Years Pupil Premium:
If your family receives one or more of the following benefits:
• Income Support
• Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
• Income related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit and do not receive Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income less than £16,190
• Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’, paid for 4 weeks after a family stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit
• Universal Credit
If your child:
• has been looked after by the local authority for 1 day or more
• is adopted from care
• has left care through special guardianship
• is subject to a child arrangement order (formerly residence and contact order)
*Please note this funding is linked to your child’s free early education only so cannot be used to reduce any childcare fees you might pay us.